Handgun Qualification License (HQL) Training Course
Includes Training and Livescan Fingerprints
Our HQL class is a hands-on shooting course that provides you with the training, on-site Livescan fingerprinting, and MSP application assistance to be able to apply for a Maryland Handgun Qualification License. We cannot guarantee that you will receive your HQL from the Maryland State Police, as we are not part of the approval process.
Our course fees are non-refundable upon completion of the training course.
If you are any of the following, you do not need the HQL:
- Active duty military, Reserves or National Guard
- Retired military
- Active law enforcement officer (Maryland or federal agency)
- Retired law enforcement officer (Maryland or federal agency)
If you are any of the following, you do not need the training class. You still need fingerprints and complete your application on Maryland State Police's website:
- Former military (with honorable discharge)
- Former law enforcement officer
- Own a regulated firearm
- Have completed a hunter safety course
- COURSE LENGTH
- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- Maryland firearms laws
- Firearms safety
- Securing your firearms at home
- Handgun mechanisms and operation
- Ammunition types and safe storage
- Introduction to the fundamentals of marksmanship
- Cleaning and maintenance of handguns
- WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Classroom training
- Live-fire of a handgun (provided free of charge)
- On-site Livescan fingerprinting
- Instant student verification
- HQL application assistance ($50 application fee not included)
- WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- $50 application fee which is paid directly to the Maryland State Police at the time of application.
$129.00 per person.