Maryland Wear and Carry Permit Course - Renewal
Includes Training, Photos and Live-Fire Qualification
Hands-on shooting course: designed to give you the tools required to successfully qualify for a Maryland Handgun permit renewal. Successfully passing this course will not guarantee you will be approved for a wear and carry permit renewal.
- COURSE LENGTH
- WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- Firearms safety
- Firearms Law and Legal Liability
- Carrying and Transporting firearms in Maryland and other states
- Deadly Force Defined, and when to use it
- Avoiding a Criminal Attack and Controlling a Violent Confrontation
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Ammunition Tyles and Ballistics
- Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
- Practical Pistol Shooting Positions
- COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Students must demonstrate the ability to safely operate a handgun and fire consistent shots at a maximum distance of 15 yards.
- Live fire is required to qualify for this course.
- Students are not required to own a handgun.
- Prior handgun shooting experience is not required but is a benefit to the student.
- There is no rapid fire or holster drawing in this course.
- There are no speed shooting or combat drills in this course.
- Safe handgun handling and basic shooting skill are the focus of the range qualification.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Classroom Training
- Passport photos
- Use of a handgun and ammunition for live-fire qualification
- Force-on-force training scenarios
- Multiple laser training systems (if necessary)
- Application processing assistance
- WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Application fee paid to Maryland State Police (check or money order) - currently $25.00
$275.00 per person.
- UPCOMING TRAINING CLASSES
We have no classes scheduled at this time. Contact us for course availability. We can schedule a class with a minimum of 4 people.